Monday, May 24, 2010

intentionality

Once more, I am reminded that I'm pretty unconscious most of the day.

I am dog sitting my daughter's two dogs while she is in Japan. They are cute, small, kinda yippy. Over the past several days I wasn't sleeping. They were in the bed with me, along with my Walter (seriously the world's most attractive miniature Schnauzer). But Walter is totally cool. He only snuggles if it is very cold and the heat is a necessity. Or if I have a bad dream and need a little companionship. But it is pretty warm at night so Walter finds a part of the bed a small distance from me.

The two little dogs are not so accommodating. They demand full on bed time. They are incredibly annoying, especially Gidget, who crawls under the sheets and want to sleep between my legs. I was planning on boarding the dogs at a local dog hotel--I was desperate for sleep. Last night, as a final maneuver, I got firm. I used my dog training voice and kinda threw the dogs out of the bed when they transgressed. Long story short: good night sleep, no dogs.

My actions were based on intentionality which I learned years ago at the Miraval Spa when I took the "equine experience." But that is another story

No comments:

Post a Comment